Rasadhwani was established in 1990 at Ahmedabad, India with a mission to promote excellence in the field of Bharatanatyam, one of the renowned Indian Classical Dance forms, with emphasis on fresh dimension in form and content.
In 1995, Rasadhwani became the first Gujarat dance school to be affiliated to Nalanda Dance Research Centre, Mumbai and so became eligible for imparting their 7-year Diploma course, Kovid. Since July 2009, Rasadhwani is affiliated to IGNOU and is a study center for their Certificate Programme in Performing Arts.
Through continuous research and development, Rasadhwani, in its journey till date, has not only conducted group-based learning activities but has also staged some of the most innovative choreographies in India and abroad, earning laurels from institutions and media alike.
- To train students in Theory & Practice of Bharatanatyam keeping in focus the individual potential
- To encourage the aspirant to be trained under the Guru Shishya Parampara
- To build capacities (technical and appreciation) through seminars, workshops and lecdems
- To conceptualize, choreograph and stage innovative dance productions that are not only easily interpreted by the lay audience but at the same time, are a visual treat for the rasika-s
- To nurture a performance-oriented aptitude